Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Day 39: Watch What He Can Do

Alright, so last week was probably the hardest week I've ever faced since I started this. However, I've noticed that a lot of deeper issues have come to the surface. I'm realizing that sometimes you have to go through the fire to purge out the bad and learn to focus on the good. These terrible, negative thoughts were only bringing me down and needed to be recognized in order to be healed. Sometimes the hardest thing about healing is admitting the truth of what you believe about yourself before moving forward to change it.

So after surviving Caveman Hell Week, I'd like to share a few lessons God has been teaching me:

-I am not what the world says I am; I am what God says I am.
-I am a beautiful creation of God, just the same as the mountains, flowers, and animals.
-I am forgiven. (...for thinking negatively, for not being grateful for my progress, etc.)
-I am covered by Jesus's righteousness and perfection and, because of Him, I am those things in God's eyes.
-I have a purpose for my life today, not later when "the conditions are right."(God can use me now.)
-I am made in God's image and he doesn't make mistakes.
-A happy girl is a beautiful girl. True beauty comes from real joy, not the appearance of perfection.
-I only need God's acceptance.
-Joy attracts joy; negativity attracts negativity.
-Every day is a new adventure and a new beginning.
-My soul chose my body. If my body is good enough for my soul, it is good enough for me.
-When I start loving my body, it will start loving me back.
-Grateful living is joyous living.
-Don't forget how far you've come.
-Appreciate the freedom from all the "products" and "routines."
-Do all things with a thankful heart. (Clean the house, cook and eat, pay bills, go to work....etc.)


One of my facebook friends posted this video today and it really struck me how beautiful all of creation is.If I'm a part of that, the one part that God chose to breathe his own breath into to create, I should be able to love and appreciate myself just the way I am.


Here's a helpful Joel Osteen sermon that illustrates many of the previous points:


This one is a woman (Teal Scott) I found on YouTube. I really like the point she makes about the healing process here:

(I'm pretty sure I hit a contrast point this past week.)

Next time you think you're beat, take a moment to realize that you're not a mistake. You are here for a purpose and you are exactly the person you were meant to be today.


Thank you to all the "teachers" who have helped God get these messages to me: online, in-person, and otherwise. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment